Due to exceptional growth T&K Associates are currently recruiting on behalf of our Client in Swadlincote for a QC Technician to join their team on the afternoon shift.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a reputable Company who value each one of their employees, they also offer training and some excellent benefits including paid breaks!
The position is to start as soon as possible and is likely to last around 6 to 9 months however there is a possibility that the role could go on longer.
- £14.70 per hour including shift allowance
- 35 hours per week - Monday to Wednesday 3pm until Midnight and Thursday 3-11pm
- No working on Friday, Saturday or Sunday so a long weekend!
- Paid breaks
- Overtime paid at time and a half after 35 hours
- 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays after 12 weeks
- Canteen facility on site & free tea / coffee
- Fantastic training opportunities
- Free parking
- Maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment to the required standard
- Ensuring that all raw materials, in process and finished product quality testing are carried out to meet production deadlines
- Release of raw materials for use, finished goods for sale in compliance with specifications and validations of orders for dispatch
- Carrying out internal microbiological analysis by petrifilm
- Evaluating new raw materials and pre-shipment samples
- Carrying out shelf-life trials
- Carrying out environmental monitoring including swabs
- Maintaining records and documentation according to established procedures
- Ensuring certificates of analysis are created and available in the online database
- Carrying out internal audits as required
- Ensuring compliance to procedures in the manual, including all aspects of quality, environment, and health & safety
- Previous laboratory experience within the food industry is preferred
- A-Level of equivalent in Science and Maths
- Knowledge of UV / VIS spectrophotometer, colorimetry, GC-FID, particle size analysis is advantageous
- Self-motivated, proactive & able to use own initiative whilst working as part of a team
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to multitask
- IT literate
- Strong attention to detail
- Good written & verbal communication skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join a great Company. If you are interested in the above role and would like to join a friendly team, then please give us a call at T&K Associates to hear more!