Due to exceptional growth T&K Associates are currently recruiting on behalf of our Client in Higham Ferrers, Rushden for a Quality Technician to join their expanding team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Head of Quality, you will be involved in new products and new processes of testing and technologies to the site. You will inspect and analyse all products from raw materials through to finished product samples to secure compliance with product safety regulations, specifications, and standards.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a reputable Company who value each one of their employees and offer some excellent benefits!
- £29,000 per annum
- £500 PSP bonus (baseline)
- Permanent role
- Monday to Thursday 8am-4.30pm & Friday 8am-3.30pm however flexibility is required as it could move onto rotating shifts of days & afternoons in the future
- 37.5 hours per week
- Discounted shopping
- Employer Pension contribution – up to a maximum of 12%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life assurance x 4 annual earnings
- Health insurance
- Free on-site parking
- 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays
- Log samples and sample flow within Quality Control
- Retain sample management and sample flow
- Perform chemical, physical testing and sensory evaluation of products or incoming ingredients as identified by the current Company specification
- Enter test results into SAP resulting in an acceptance or rejection
- Communicate rejections and information updates to important contacts in Quality, Operations, Purchasing and Customer Care both written and verbal
- Perform basic equipment calibrations per frequency noted in calibration procedures
- Perform instruments, equipment and quality deviations troubleshooting in laboratory
- Identify opportunity for improvements in QC
- Maintain work in a hygienic and safe work environment
- Provide backup and support to team members
- Perform administrative tasks within QC
- Vocational diploma (Pre-university) in Chemistry, Biology, Environment Science or related discipline
- Overall work experience of 4 or more years with 1 or more years in a similar position
- Laboratory or QC techniques required
- Operational experience and affinity on laboratory system, analytical equipment and instruments such as weighing balance, Densitometer, Refractometer, Moisture balances, Karl Fischer titrator, Sieve testing equipment, GC
- Knowledge on chemical substances, hazardous material and related local regulations
- Basics of sensory evaluation
This is an excellent opportunity to join a great Company. If you are interested in the above role and would like to join a friendly team, then please give us a call at T&K Associates to hear more!